Water damage can be a large problem in a home. It can occur to anybody, for a variety of reasons. Damage to water can be caused by:
– Water leaks. Burst pipes are the most commonly cited reason for restoration of water damage. Other causes include the damage caused by the weather or a leaky roof. Water damage caused by an unbent pipe will usually be the most costly since it requires going to the attic. This typically involves tearing down the roof or ceiling.
– Drying. This is a less frequent cause of the restoration costs associated with water damage however it’s still important to mention. Standing foot baths with water (or showers) are when there is no water coming out of the shower head. Because they are so damp and the walls or floor get damp, they can dry out quickly. If the water drys out too quickly it can cause mold to grow which isn’t an ideal thing.
Average Cost of Water Damage Restoration. The cost of restoration for water damage will vary based on the severity of the damage. A broken pipe or minor damage is typically less than a fourth of the cost of hiring an organization for restoration. Damage to water that is severe enough for a building to be shut down for several days, and is covered by insurance will usually be more than half of the average repair costs for water damage.
– Carpets drying out. If your house has extensive restoration work for water damage, it may mean that all the carpets in the room must be taken away and replaced. This will likely increase the total cost of the repair job because you’ll have to purchase new carpeting and/or padding.
– Leaking Pipes. It is not often that a leaky pipe is caused by restoration services for water damage. In the majority of cases the water damage could simply be caused by careless maintenance. Water damage can be caused by a clogged sink, toilet or drainage system even in the event of an emergency. The cost for repairing the carpet would be approximately two-thirds of the price of replacing it.
Drying carpets that are wet. If your home is covered in water, your carpet will most likely require to be dried out in the shortest time possible and could cost you more than one-fourth of water damage restoration cost per square foot. If you have to wash up a flooded basement drying time could be quicker because the lower levels are typically dry. However, even when your basement is dry, there could be water damage to the carpet due to the expansion and contraction that occurs when water dry. Calculate the area of the room divided into square feet. Then, multiply that figure by the average cost of water damage restoration per square foot. Read more about WaterDamageMentor here.
– Drying and Spills Sometimes restoration companies for water damage will be called upon when the weather is extremely humid. The spillage must be cleaned up as soon as it happens. The spillage area needs to be cleaned up and disinfected immediately. You’ll need hire a plumber to clean up the mess and dry the area. For larger spills, especially if they are underneath wallpaper or carpet it might be necessary to have the carpet pulled out and replaced altogether. Once the area has dried, the water damage restoration company will have to dry it out. This will cost more than hiring professionals for water damage restoration.