Water damage can cause serious problems for a house. It can occur to anybody with a variety reasons. Damage to water can be caused by:
– Water leaks. Of course, the primary reason for restoration of water damage is a burst pipe. Water damage caused by storms and roof leak are other causes. In most cases, however, the water damage caused by ruptured pipes is the most costly since it requires going to the attic, which usually means tearing off the ceiling or the roof.
– Drying. This is not a common cause for cost of restoration for water damage, but it’s worth mentioning. Standing foot baths with water (or showers) are those that have no water coming out of the shower head. Because they are so damp when the walls or floor get wet , they may dry quickly. However, if the water is dried out too quickly , it could cause mold to develop which isn’t an ideal situation.
Average Cost of Water Damage Restoration. The average cost of water damage restoration is based on the degree of damage. For minor damages, such as broken pipes the cost will usually be less than one-fourth of the estimated cost of hiring a restoration company. Damage that is serious enough to shut down a structure for a period of time and is covered by insurance, will typically cost more than half of the cost for repairs to water damage.
– Carpeting Drying Out. If your house is in need of extensive water damage restoration work this could mean that all the carpets in your area have to be removed and replaced. This could raise the cost of the repair job since you will have to purchase new carpeting and/or padding.
– Leaking Pipes. It is extremely rare for a leaky pipe to be caused by water damage restoration services. In fact, in most cases, the water damage will be the result of careless maintenance. A clogged bathroom, sink or drainage system could cause water damage around all hours of the day, even during a brief emergency. In this situation, the typical cost of the repair will be about two-thirds of what it would cost to replace carpeting.
Drying wet carpeting. If your home is completely soaked with water, your carpet will likely need to be dried out quickly and could cost you more than one-fourth the restoration costs for water damage per square foot. If you are required to clean up a flood-damaged basement, the drying process might be faster since the lower levels are typically dry. However, even the basement is dry, there could be water damage under the carpeting due to the contraction and expansion that occurs when the water dries. Calculate the size of the room, divided into square feet. Then, multiply that figure by the average cost for restoration of water damage per square foot. Learn more about spotting Cladosporium mold now.
– Drying and Spills Sometimes restoration companies that deal with water damage are needed when the water is very wet. The spill must be cleaned up immediately after it occurs. The area affected by the spill will have to be cleaned and sanitized and you will need employ a plumber clean up the mess and make sure that the area is dried. For spills that are larger, particularly if they are underneath wallpaper or carpet, it may be necessary to have the carpet pulled out and replaced altogether. Once the area is dry, the water damage restoration company will need to dry it out. This will cost more than hiring professionals in restoration of water damage.